Saturday, February 14, 2009

Inverurie

Assalamu Alaikum,

I have decided to blog more often. Especially since I have been traveling so much and always forget to document all my interesting experiences.

First of all, I cannot believe our stay in Inverurie is almost over! It is unbelievable. Upon our arrival, the days seemed to drag on; we could hardly wait for the next day, let alone a few months. But, then as life went on and we got used to living here time just flew right by us. Last night, J and I were talking about how we will really miss Inverurie and our bungalow here. It seems the two city slickers have fallen in love with this itty bitty town. Here is a picture of the town centre that I took the first month.

This week went by pretty quick. Wednesday we had dinner out with the plant manager and a few other co-workers of J's. I hada really good time and met a few nice people. The best part was when the PM and his wife gave me a huge orchid plant. I was extremely surprised and happy. Its a purple orchid and is a bit larger than my first orchid plant. I am currently emailing the US Department of Agriculture to figure out how to bring it home with me.

Tomorrow, we are going to Stavanger, Norway. I went there in September, so I think I will remember almost everything... we shall see.
I must run and pack now, so I will post more later. I think I should begin posting shorter, more frequent entries.

Cheers!! <--Scottish for bye.
Peace.
-Amna

No comments: